Our Depression Reduction Achieving Wellness (DRAW) is a program aimed at reducing the amount of depression and suicide risk in students age 18 and older in Kings and Tulare counties. With activities in the natural setting of college campuses and vocational schools that began in September 2013, it is funded by the Tulare and Kings Counties Suicide Prevention Task Force with Mental Health Services Act (Proposition 63) Prevention and Early Intervention funds.
DRAW services include free:
- Information resource booth
- Student Workshops
- Faculty/Staff Workshops
- Screening for Mental Health
- Individual assessments
- Short-term individual counseling
- Referrals and linkage to additional supportive services
Participating educational institutions include:
- College of the Sequoias (Visalia, Hanford, and Tulare)
- Fresno Pacific University (Visalia)
- Milan Institute (massage campus, and cosmetology campus both in Visalia)
- San Joaquin Valley College (Hanford and Visalia)
- West Hills College (Lemoore)
The link below is to download a copy of our DRAW Evaluation Report.